The Dean’s Fund for Excellence provides the School of Medicine, under the supervision of the Dean, the ability to allocate funding to actively advance the mission of the school. Funds provide assistance for student scholarships as well as many other important initiatives which contribute to society, such as the SIGHT (Students Interested in Global Health for Tomorrow) program. Funds are also used to annually support programs that help us stand out from our competitors:
- Mentoring programs and diversity initiatives designed to make medical education accessible to groups traditionally underrepresented in medicine
- Student research poster presentations
- Participation at professional conferences for faculty, residents and students
- Student medical specialty interest groups
- New medical student orientation programs
Our goal is to continue providing exemplary health care through discovery and innovation while steadfastly remaining accountable to our patients and their loved ones. This is only possible by offering an exceptionally well-rounded medical educational experience, and by supporting world-class researchers as they translate their scientific discovery into outstanding patient care.