Now more than ever MU students need the support of other Tigers. With unexpected changes to class structure, living situations, regular income, technology requirements, and more, students are depending on the MU Student Emergency Fund.
One student recently needed help to obtain a new photo ID so that they could provide proof of eligibility to work at their new job. An investment from the MU Student Emergency Fund of about $20 allowed the student to begin employment and start earning a regular income.
Funds can be accessed for, but are not limited to the following:
- Replacement of personal belongings due to an emergency situation
- Emergency/temporary housing assistance
- Medications or costs related to emergency medical care
- Assistance with food, rent or essential utilities (gas, electric, water) due to an emergency
- Emergency transportation costs related to a family death or illness
- Safety related needs (i.e. changing a lock)
- Other emergency situations that will impact a student’s ability to be successful at MU
In this difficult time, if you are able to offer financial support, please consider leveraging your potential to make a difference in the lives of current MU students by making a gift of any amount. No matter its size, your gift will make a difference in the life of a Tiger.
*Each student who requests assistance will be consulted individually and can receive up to a maximum of $250.